Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Northern Lights

Living in Wisconsin, we get to see a spectacular occurance a few times a year that is caused by something out of this world.  Solar flares cause what is known as the Northern Lights.  Its a blend of colors that appear in the night sky, generally a few days after the solar flare occurs.

Tonight, Saturday the 13th of April, we are expected to be able to see the norther lights in Wisconsin.  The solar flare occurred Thursday, so like clockwork should appear tonight.

I have lived in this state or other northern states for nearly my whole life and have never once seen this light show in person.  Generally it's cloudy or I just simply forget and go to bed early.  For once though I am planning to attempt to see the Northern Lights tonight.  Hopefully the clouds disperse, the light pollution is low and the lights are bright enough to see from my location.  This could be an easy check off my bucket list, we'll see.  Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment