Monday, March 4, 2013

Concert at Red Rocks

I love music, it is the one thing I can rely on. When I'm sad all I have to do is put on my headphones and I can count on there being a song that will carry me through it.  I think that is why I chose to earn a degree in Music Business and then continue it further with a Masters Degree in Entertainment Management.  I wanted to be apart of the one thing that made me happy, music.  Take my word for it, the business end is where I belong because when I'm playing an instrument people run for the hills.  It's really not a pleasant sound.

Because I have worked for a short while in the music industry and been an avid fan of all music, I have been to a ton of venues.  I have laid in the grass at the Marcus Amphitheater at Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI. Pewed it up at the historic Rhyman Auditorium in Nashville, and been to so many small venues across the midwest that I couldn't count them if I tried. They were all great, especially when I'm seeing my favorite band the Goo Goo Dolls perform.  In fact I bet I've seen them at a dozen or so different venues in the past twenty years.  But this isn't about them, they are already checked off my bucket list. However they would make my next conquest a million times better, I want to see a concert at the unique and mystical Red Rocks outside of Denver Colorado.

Red Rocks is literally the most perfect naturally occurring acoustic amphitheater in the world. And when I say acoustic I mean acoustics, because of the lay out the sound just bounces and carries out over the crowd in an angelic manner. There are two rock formations on either side of the stage and a seating area that rises between rows almost like rock bleachers.  It is the amphitheater to play like CBGBs was the club to play.  Musicians have been playing there for over 100 years! The Beatles played there! Actually everyone who is anyone in the music industry has played there, even my precious Goo Goo Dolls. Tickets for shows here sell out well in advance, and many artists like Bruno Mars agree to do two dates back to back just to make sure everyone has a chance to see the show. The upcoming Fun. show at the Red Rocks is already sold out and it isn't even till summer.  Same goes for one of Bruno Mars' shows. If you are going to travel to a concert, everyone knows this is the venue to go to.

Normally due to my low vision festivals and large venues are a little scary to me. Assigned seating helps to reduce anxiety but guiding yourself to get a drink or to find a bathroom is literally a nightmare.  At Red Rocks the chaos seems to be controlled by the natural construction of the facility, and the peaceful natural setting just looks like an herbal sedative.  With the lights from the stage bouncing around the crowd and the rock formations it just seems like a dream, a dream I want to see.

Beggars can't be choosy but I would love to see the Goo Goo Dolls at Red Rocks, I'd totally settle for Bruno Mars or Fun. though. For more on the Red Rocks go to www.redrocksonline.com. If you are a music lover, I think this one needs to go on your bucket list.


No comments:

Post a Comment